Gina graduated from an associate degree program in nursing and is working in a local hospital on a medical-surgical unit. Gina was introduced to Sue, a nursing student who is currently completing a clinical rotation on the medical-surgical unit. Gina has returned to school to obtain a BSN degree. Gina and Sue are having some difficulty agreeing on comfort care for a terminally ill patient.
- Read the scenario above and then, answer the following questions:
- a) Does Gina have the autonomy and authority to force a terminally ill patient to drink? Are autonomy and authority the same thing?
- b) Can Gina delegate care of the terminally ill patient to a nursing student? Consider the terms autonomy and authority and patient rights as you deal with this scenario. Also, consider the legal implications for Gina and then Sue, the nursing student
- Your pap should be:
- One (1) page
- Typed according to APA Writing Style for margins, formatting and spacing standards.
- Typed your pap in a Microsoft Word document, save the file, and then upload the file.
- Upload your file by clicking “Upload File“.
Have a similar assignment? "Place an order for your assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."