Annual Operating Review (AOR)
[WLOs: 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]
You must submit your Quarter Four Decisions prior to moving on this week?s Annual Operating Review assignment. With the completion of Quarter Four, you are responsible for completing your Annual Operating Review (AOR). This is a qualitative and quantitative summary of your competitive performance for the year. Once the PDF is generated in the simulation, you will then upload that document for grading through Waypoint below. This will have a similar look and feel to the QBRs but is a review of the entire year as well responding, as any business leader needs to your long-term and how you will create shareholder value. At this time, your Business Intelligence Dashboard (all of the graphics) should provide you with the data to critically analyze your competitors for the year and how they are positioned for the longer term. Note the Variance Graphics are of slightly different form to reflect your annual activities.
Through the Growing Your Business simulation,
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative techniques for business analysis and decision-making.
- Assess the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats associated with the corporate strategy & policy process.
- Utilize tools from finance, marketing, information technology and human resources management to manage the profitability of overall business operations.
- Create specific business tactics to achieve organizational survival and growth.
The Annual Operating Review,
- Must be completed through the Growing Your Business simulation. Once the PDF is generated in the simulation, you will then upload that document for grading through Waypoint below.
- Must be completed and submitted using all of the data provided including
- Quarterly Pre-Tax Net Income relative to Plan for the Year
- Cash Flow walk
- Pre-tax Net Income in Plan
- Must show that Hisco is on track to Meet/Exceed its Annual Net Income Commitment through an evaluation of both quantitative and qualitative techniques for business analysis and decision making.
- Must create specific business tactics to achieve organizational survival and growth.
- After completing, check the box and submit in the lower right.
- After completing the simulation, students must save the provided pdf from the pdf found within the Executive Summary tab of the Quarterly Decisions page and submit it through Waypoint. Verify your submission was successful.
- To access the PDF for submission, click on the QTRLY Decisions tab from the simulation home page and then go to the Executive Summary tab. Within the Executive Summary page, you will find a Download link associated with each quarterly decision you completed.
- Must use scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center?s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Please note that if you are experiencing technical issues with the Growing Your Business Simulation, you will need to contact the help desk within the simulation at HelpDesk@tri-sim.com.
Waypoint Assignment Submission
The assignments in this course will be submitted to Waypoint. Please refer to the instructions below to submit your assignment.
- Click on the Assignment Submission button below. The Waypoint “Student Dashboard” will open in a new browser window.
- Browse for your assignment.
- Click Upload.
- Confirm that your assignment was successfully submitted by viewing the appropriate week’s assignment tab in Waypoint.
For more detailed instructions, refer to the Waypoint TutorialLinks to an external site..
Have a similar assignment? "Place an order for your assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."